Thursday 18 September 2008

Dolly Daydream



THANK YOU!!! I think I need to buy a new doormat now after all your lovely birthday messages landed at my door. I have been spoilt and have had a lovely time and will tell you more about my birthday in the next few days, that's if I survive the dentist today. Yes the dreaded 2 hour appointment that seemed so far off four months ago has arrived and laden with rescue remedy I am off in a minute to commence battle with my gums, armed with my Ipod and Miss Marple.
But first things first, do you see this little doll. Isn't she lovely? She sits next to my computer. I bought her a couple of weeks ago because she reminded me of somebody. A friend who I chat to every day, a friend who shares her dreams, dilemmas and daily menus with me and whisks me off into a make believe world where vintage tea shops, gramophones and suppers in Tuscany really exist. A friend who is as charming, thoughtful and naughty as my little doll. A friend who has a birthday today but who lives too many miles away for me to visit and yet the beauty of this blogging business means that with one click on my sidebar I am virtually on her doorstep. So I am going to pop over to wish Mrs Custard a truly delicious birthday, hope to see you there.
x

15 comments:

Unknown said...

Poor you!! Good Luck at the Dentist! And glad to hear that you had a Good Birthday! x

April said...

Good luck at the dentist - you've reminded me I need to make an appointment!

April xx

Gone to Earth said...

Umm! Don't envy you the dentist trip. Like the look of those buttons though! Whereever do you find such treasures?

roseroomnz.com said...

She is so sweet. Hope the dentist wasn't too gruesome! Rachaelxo

Cowboys and Custard Mercantile said...

Dear Kim..
I am stretching my hand as far as I can to hold yours whilst you go under the dentist drill.. poor you.. It will all be over soon I hope.
Merci x 1,000,000 for the birthday wishes and all your kind words of friendshi.. it is such a shame we can't share that cupcake together though I guess there isn't even a crumb left by now.
I think Dolly is a dead ringer for somebody I know.. looking lost and a bit forgetful..Hmm..but surely you don't mean me?!!!
With love
Dxxxx

Pondside said...

Goodness - birthdays everywhere!
Good luck at the dentist - I had a long-standing appointment on Tuesday and forgot to go. Felt terrible, and then felt relieved, but had to grovel for another appointment. Best to get it over with for another six months!

Cape Cod Washashore said...

My little girl has to pay a visit to the dentist next week - I think she is as about excited to go as you sound to be. =(

You know, when I first saw that little bisque doll, I immediately thought of Michele's shadow boxes! I'm off to wish her a happy birthday!

Debbies-English-Treasures said...

I`m asking to all the Bloggers to support our dear FRIEND Mandy!
Please do come over, and DO LEAVE A COMMENT!

Kisses
Debbie Moss

Thanks so much for your SUPPORT!

Garden Girl said...

Hope the dentists was ok, sweetie! am off to send birthday wishes to the lovely Mrs C now, thanks for the tip off!x

Heidi said...

Oh no! The dentist! I just had a dreaded appointment too this week. It went well but I was a wreck. I even cried as I was so stressed out and the assistant earned her angel wings. She was so kind to me. I hope you appointment went well and you can put it behind you. My next hurtle is in November when a tooth is pulled and I am trying to put it out of my mind.

We are off early to the cottage tomorrow so that will be really nice and relaxing. Do you have any plans for the weekend?

Hugs and a great weekend ~
Heidi

Thimbleanna said...

Yikes, the Dentist! I hope all went well. And dumbo me...it never occurred to me to use my ipod at the dentist -- thanks for the great suggestion!

Ally Jay said...

Wishing you well for the dentist.
Hope it passes quickly and as painlessly as possible.

Niki Fretwell said...

Best wishes to you Kim for that dental appointment! Hope it wasn't too awful.

Heehee to you two naughty ladies!
Niki x

Sal said...

I hate going to the dentist.Hope your visit went ok. Hope you had a nice sticky bun afterwards ;-)

meggie said...

Happy Birthday Mrs Custard!