Friday 16 November 2007

Bring me sunshine



The weather here has been just lovely the past couple of days and boy does it make a difference to the way I feel! Beautiful crisp days and mornings where the walk to school is exhilarating and the cars are still dusted with frost. It's the light, the low lying sunshine that makes driving so difficult but being outside so wonderful. Even yesterday when I was trundling round town with a very long and boring shopping list I found myself with a smile across my face (even beaming). Where once in my life BB (before blogging) I might not even have noticed this, yesterday I acknowledged it and smiled even the more. Perhaps I looked like some raving lunatic, mindlessly grinning my way round town, maybe that's what life WB (when blogging) does to you!



The sun has been pouring in through the windows at home and has distracted me from my crafting. Yes it was dust coating the fireplaces and dressing table, and, yes it was beginning to irritate me too much. I dusted round my bedroom and took some photos for you. Corners of my room that make me smile.



Do you like this eiderdown? I know I've probably got enough eiderdowns to transform my bedroom into a padded cell (and believe me there are days when this would be no bad thing) but I couldn't resist. I found it at the bottom of a pile of old blankets at a street market the other week. Unloved and discarded it did look very sorry for itself. For the princely sum of £5 it was mine. A quick wash and a day on the washing line and what a transformation. Lovely soft lemon background with sprigs of pink and violet flowers - I'm so glad I rescued it.



Did anyone get out to see the moon last night. It was beautiful and clear. I would have taken a photo but I rushed to take the oldest back to school in the evening for prizegiving and we were running late as usual. The car made it up the hill, just, when I realised that all was not well. We managed to get to a friend's house and discovered that one tyre was completely flat! Thankfully we were all okay and being so late we had no time to worry, we rang for a cab only to realise that I had no cash. Detour via the bank, oldest one at school on time and arrived home when the youngest burst into tears. She'd found the whole thing too worrying. A cuddle on the sofa and all was well.



Car fixed this morning, sun still shining and look what we've got to look forward to after school - I love Lucy! I think both of her expressions resembled mine last night! Anyway have a great weekend, I'm off to find some chocolate to eat whilst watching ...

30 comments:

Anonymous said...

Its so frustrating, I've been looking for eiderdowns everywhere. I dont fancy paying Ebay prices and my daughter would love one. Will keep hunting! Love the clock as well. x

Ali said...

I smiled at your BB and WB timescales - how true!

Anonymous said...

Hope you had fun with bonbons and Lucy! This was a sweet post, Kim. It is interesting to contemplate life before blogging (BB) and life with bloggin (WB...Life WB is so much richer! Your eiderdown is lovely. You'll soon be like The Princess and the Pea! Happy a wonderful weekend ((HUGS))

Thimbleanna said...

Your corners are beautiful! Isn't it fun how blogging has made us all more aware of our surroundings???

Anonymous said...

I love the way blogging has made me more aware, made me take notice more.

Cute little blue clock!

tea time and roses said...

What a delightful post...an eye full of nothing but pretty! :o) BB and WB...that is so cute, and so very true!

Smiles....

Beverly

ShabbyInTheCity said...

Didn't we talk about that chocolate yesterday??? I guess you might have bought some more!!! I also walk around smiling because of my bloglife :)
I've never owned an eiderdown and only recently heard of them because of blogging!

Anonymous said...

Hi kim

How I wish i looked as glamorous as this lovely lady on your post. I know what you mean about the frosty mornings, they are beautiful. This morning was cold but crisp as I hurried up to London for the Country Living fair. bliss!
And you NEED a cat called Bluebell, so pretty although i say so myself. We call ours Blue-bee for short!

Clare and Mike said...

Hi Kim

What a lovely post! I couldn't agree with you more - I love this crisp and sunny weather!

Have a great weekend!

Clare x

Anonymous said...

I've never seen any eiderdowns in our thrift shops but I sure wish I would. That one is gorgeous!! I love the terms BB and WB!! So true. Love your pink mirror too! Have a great weekend! ~ hugs, Lynda xo

Heidijayhawk said...

love you scads wb! and ever so glad that you do!

Gill said...

I'm with you on the BB and WB phenomenom Kim...it makes you look at the world in a different light doesn't it?
Love your clock,where did you get it? And what a bargain that eiderdown was!

Anonymous said...

So much prettiness here, and an eiderdown for a fiver that has to be the bargain of 2007!

Heidi said...

YUM ~ chocolate and I Love Lucy! What a great find with your newest eiderdown. I loved your roses in the glass bonbon dish.

I loved the BB and WB! How often I talk about the effect of a life of blogging. It really does change your perspective, doesn't it? I am so glad I found yours this year and love my visits with you.

Have a wonderful weekend and thanks for your nice comment about my blog!

~~ Heidi ~~

Racheal Miles said...

oh I love that eiderdown, such a lucky find.

I too am very affected by the weather, I really need the sunshine.

Racheal x

Pam said...

Catching up on blogs - what a lot of lovely posts and what a nice story about your crafting beginnings.

Cowboys and Custard Mercantile said...

Oh gosh.. that's a wonderful nostaglic nudge.. I love Lucy.. with Desi Arnez.. please excuse spelling.
I have been reading your blog and nodding furiously.. blogging has that comforting quality and I too find myself walking around talking to my anonymous friends and taking snapshots of my life to share..
I shall try and do some moon gazing tonight.. clouds permitting.
Michelex

Cape Cod Washashore said...

Such a pretty clock! I love the cozy little nooks of your room.

I Love Lucy! I used to watch reruns of that show in first grade; after the show was over it was my bedtime (7:30pm). Now why I remember that, I haven't a clue! heehee

Heather ~ Pretty Petals said...

I love the corners of your room... and the eiderdown is gorgeous! We don't have them much here in the states and I have been waiting patiently for one to come along. :)

It is funny how blogging really opens your eyes to the details in life! xo Heather

Louise said...

Yes BB and WB are so very different here too. Love the eiderdown - you have a real eye for a bargain Kim. It's so very pretty!

kari and kijsa said...

We just love your pictures...such yummy colors and so refreshing!

Have a blessed day!
kari and kijsa

Betty said...

That is a beautiful Eiderdown. The last time we had a flat tire my youngest changed it. I was so impressed. I know how your daughter felt though. I wanted to sit down and have a cry myself when I got home. I was out in the sun yesterday. It is positively gorgeous weather right now. I'm glad you're having some too!

pinkgreen said...

That's such a cheerful post - and really brightened me up as I sit hear listening to the rain pouring down. I am desperate to find an eiderdown or 2 but all the ones I've found have been extortionate.
Your house looks so pretty.
Cathy XX

Sophie Honeysuckle said...

So true what you say about BB and WB!! I wonder why that is? Love, love, love your eiderdown-your scrummy cats are going to love it too I think....xx

dottycookie said...

I hope your little one feels better now - they do take things so much to heart, poor babies :-(

Hope you enjoyed Lucy ...

OhSoVintage said...

Gosh, what a great find (eiderdown)and a bargain too! I remember watching 'I Love Lucy' many many years ago when I was a little girl.

Mary said...

I used to watch I love Lucy when I was about 12 and loved it. The eiderdown is lovely as well.

david mcmahon said...

G'day from Melbourne, Australia, where you would clearly love the weather today.

37C (99F) here today - too hot for me. But my 60+ rose bushes at home will be delighted!

Really enjoyed my first visit here ....

Curlew Country said...

Blogging really does make you appreciate even the most ordinary things in a completely different way doesn't it. No sunshine here today but plenty of snow and fog! Beautiful eiderdown by the way. Lucky you!
Stephx

Carol said...

I am a bit behind with some of my fav blogs.....sorry....
That quilt is just gorgeous and what a bargin!
I Love Lucy, was a favourite of mine.
XX